If your employee’s mobile phone is unable to download and activate TraceTogether, it’s likely because the phone’s operating system (OS) does not support the functionalities needed for the App to work.
In this case, employers are required to provide the employee with a mobile phone that can support TraceTogether, so that the employee can be notified if they have possibly been exposed to COVID-19. This will also reduce the impact to your business operations should there be an outbreak that affects your employees.
✅ Mobile phones that can support TraceTogether:
- Phones with Android version 5.1 or above, and have access to Google Play Store or Huawei App Gallery
- Phones with iOS version 10 or above
❌ Mobile phones that are unable to support TraceTogether:
- Phones that do not have access to the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, or Huawei App Gallery
- Phones with Android version 5.0 or below
- Phones with iOS version 9 or below
- Phones running on Blackberry OS or Symbian OS
- Phones with a Mobile Device Management (MDM) system installed by employers that prevents downloads from Apple App Store, Google Play Store, or Huawei App Gallery