If your employee’s mobile phone is unable to download and activate TraceTogether, it’s likely because the phone’s operating system (OS) does not support the functionalities needed for the app to work.
In this case, employers are required to provide the employee with a mobile phone that can support TraceTogether, so that the employee can be notified if they have possibly been exposed to COVID-19. This will also reduce the impact to your business operations should there be an outbreak that affects your employees.
✅ Mobile phones that can support TraceTogether:
- Phones with Android version 5.1 or above, and have access to Google Play store
- Do note that the newer Huawei phones (e.g. Mate 30, P40, P40 Pro) do not have access to the Google Play store
- Phones with iOS version 10 or above
❌ Mobile phones that are unable to support TraceTogether:
- Huawei phones that do not have access to the Google Play store, e.g. Mate 30, P40, P40 Pro.
- Phones with Android version 5.0 or below
- Phones with iOS version 9 or below
- Phones running on Blackberry OS or Symbian OS
- Phones with a Mobile Device Management (MDM) system installed by employers that prevents downloads from the Google Play store or App Store