Some of these steps work only on Android 9 and up. Learn how to check your Android version.
How to add a widget
- On your phone's Home Screen, touch and hold the TraceTogether App icon, then lift your finger.
- Tap Widgets (it's the icon with several squares ).
- You'll see a widget appear. Slide the widget to where you want it. Lift your finger.
How to add a shortcut icon
- On your phone's Home Screen, touch and hold the TraceTogether app icon, then lift your finger. If the app has shortcuts, you'll get a list.
- You'll see a list or row that says "SafeEntry". Touch and hold the row.
- Slide the row i.e. the shortcut to where you want it. Lift your finger.
You can also watch this 30sec video for how to add a shortcut icon :)
See here for more information on how to add, resize, or remove widgets and shortcut icons on Android.